The Yeatsian

Poetry & Lyricism "A line will take us hours maybe; Yet if it does not seem a moment's thought, Our stitching and unstitching has been naught." WB Yeats "Adam's Curse"

My Photo
Name:
Location: at the Singer's Microphone, United States

I'm in my second marriage to a wonderful woman, my beautiful wife! I thank God everyday He brought her to me! "Restore us, O God of hosts: Cause Your face to shine, And we shall be saved!" PSALM 80

Friday, January 20, 2006

Sonnet for a Rose

A smile flashes from out your eyes--
Golden-brown and warm, your eyes,
Aglow with a sweet secret joy--
Your beauty a sparkling dancing sky.
Lighting a candle of fragrant incense,
Your guardians are the elements:
Air caressing you, nursing your sleep,
Water refreshing you, wet and deep,
Your breast breathes the scents of earth,
Expanding your dreams, expanding your worth,
Fire brings you truth and vision,
The holy form of your strength and passion,
The engine of the stars of love,
The engine of the stars you love.

February 15, 1990