The Yeatsian

Poetry & Lyricism "A line will take us hours maybe; Yet if it does not seem a moment's thought, Our stitching and unstitching has been naught." WB Yeats "Adam's Curse"

My Photo
Name:
Location: at the Singer's Microphone, United States

I'm in my second marriage to a wonderful woman, my beautiful wife! I thank God everyday He brought her to me! "Restore us, O God of hosts: Cause Your face to shine, And we shall be saved!" PSALM 80

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Knowing to Come

One day I'll sing my love a song
To burn away the bitterness
That's broken down these bones so long,
And I'll numb my loneliness.

She'll hear the song and know my voice,
That strange, that caged-up beast,
She'll laught to recognize the choice
That led us each to each,

Mine to her breast, heer breast to mine,
Each water to the dry,
She'll se and she'll know the flaming sign
Free-falling through the sky.

August 7 - 9, 1990
adapted to music, June 1996