The Yeatsian

Poetry & Lyricism "A line will take us hours maybe; Yet if it does not seem a moment's thought, Our stitching and unstitching has been naught." WB Yeats "Adam's Curse"

My Photo
Name:
Location: at the Singer's Microphone, United States

I'm in my second marriage to a wonderful woman, my beautiful wife! I thank God everyday He brought her to me! "Restore us, O God of hosts: Cause Your face to shine, And we shall be saved!" PSALM 80

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Spanish Holiday

I know a village, south in the Spanish hills,
Above the green sea, waving and warm,
Where jasmine flowers scent and sweet the air,
And singers wander among winding streets.

Together there my love and I will dream
A dream, in unison, on a winter's
Afternoon, a dream to wash our eyes
That we may know with new intensity
The taste of pungent oranges hanging
Ripe and heavy, ah, just within our reach.

Far from England's dreary skies, and far
From its louts and stifling traditions,
My love and I will walk along the shore
Imbibing the air and each the other's eyes;
Gently dancing, as it laps at our feet,
Our hearts will sing with the voice of the sea.

September 19 - 23, 1990